Losing any phone is a pain, but losing your business iPhone could be a severe disaster for any working professional. It is your constant business companion, giving you instant access to everyone you need to stay connected to. It keeps you productive, even when you’re away from the office, and it stores valuable emails, documents and data that you need to access on the fly.
But suddenly your companion is gone. Maybe you left it in the taxi cab, or maybe it slipped out of your bag at your friends’ party. Whatever happened, you need it return immediately. Here are just a few ways that can help you. Read on.
1. Call yourself. Your friend may have seen the phone laying around, and dropped it in her purse. Or, you may find the back pocket of your jeans buzzing and howling with your personal ring tone.
2. Offer a reward. Yes, you’re absolutely 100% certain it was lost. Keep in mind that people who pick up it is not going to eat your phone. So borrow a friend’s phone, and send a text to your phone offering the cash reward commensurate with the value of the phone. It’s a safe bet.
3. Using the “Find My iPhone” App on Another iPhone or Mac. It is a custom iPhone locator app, which is built into iOS. Log into your iCloud account, and enable Find My iPhone, then it will show you where your missing iPhone is on a map or play a sound to help you locate your phone. What’s more, the app also includes Lost Mode which can help you keep track of where the phone’s been and report back to you anytime. If you don’t recognize the location, lock your phone immediately, before the person logs into your accounts and disables the app.
· Find My iPhone and Lost Mode will only work if the phone is turned on and connected to a cellular or Wi-Fi network.
· If the phone has been powered off, or the battery has run out, it will show you the last known location, but will not be able to show you the current address. To solve the problem, a good idea is to equip yourself with a Kinkoo Infinite One portable power bank for iPhone, which charges your iPhone with 8000mAh capacity and never out of power.