After lots of stray rumors and long waits, “bigger than bigger”, the Apple’s catchphrase for the new iPhone 6 had become a reality on this Sept. 9. Below is a glance at it, and at the FlintCenter in Cupertino Tim Cook regarded it as “the most beautiful phone ever made”, do you agree?
· It comes in two screen sizes, 4.7 inches for the iPhone 6 and 5.5 inches for the iPhone 6 Plus. That compares with the four-inch screen of the iPhone 5S.
· The frame of the iPhone 6 is 6.9mm thick, and the iPhone 6 Plus 7.1mm thick.
· The design is a departure from recent models, with rounded sides replacing the sharp-edged, flat-sided iPhone 5S.
· The iPhone 6 screen resolution is 1,334×750 pixels, which Apple describes as Retina HD; the iPhone 6 Plus features a full HD resolution of 1,920×1,080 pixels.
· The screen will be protected by ion-strengthened glass (but not the much-discussed sapphire crystal).
· The iPhone 6 has improved camera specs. Although the sensor remains at eight megapixels, a new focusing and exposure system should improve image quality. The iPhone 6 Plus also has optical image stabilisation.
· Both models can take slow-motion video at 240 frames per second.
· The larger screens will allow multi-tasking, allowing the user to see an email inbox and message at the same time, for example. The app dock can also be moved to the side of the screen, instead of the bottom.
· As expected, the handsets come a Health app that will integrate with Nike’s fitness app.
· They also include a built-in barometer.
· Both new iPhones are available in gold, silver, and space gray, and are available in 16, 64, and 128 GB capacities.
· Both iPhones will be available from 19 September, with pre-orders beginning September 12, in eight countries: the US, the UK, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Puerto Rico, and Singapore.
· In the US, the iPhone 6 pricing starts from $199 to $399, while the iPhone 6 Plus pricing starts from $299 to $499.